Stiftskirche Collegiate Church "To the Holy Cross" is located in Mariahilferstraße 24 in Vienna's 7th district "Neubau".
It is part of Stiftskaserne barracks and since 1921 the Roman Catholic garrison church of Vienna.
Probably built in 1739 to plans by Joseph Emanuel Fischer von Erlach. Under Maria Theresa the church building was extended. 1772 today's tower was built with his late-baroque helmet by Benedikt Henrici. The church served 1785-1799 as a military depot and was ordained in 1799 again.
When the Turkish army advanced on Vienna during the Second Turkish Siege of Vienna in 1683, they devastated the property. But only four years later, it was rebuilt and the orphanage moved back in.